Lesedi Cultural Village
Lesedi Cultural Village is a multi cultural village set amongst the pristine bushveld and rocky hills less than an hour’s drive north of Johannesburg. Live the experience – experience the vibrant and colourful traditions of the Basotho, Ndebele, Pedi, Xhosa and Zulu people on a short tour, be part of traditional Africa for just a short while. You will never forget it!
The morning program at 11:30 is known as the Monati experience and the late afternoon program at 16:30 is known as the Boma experience. Both experiences follow this programme:
- Arrive in the car park to a vibrant traditional African welcome and a refreshing welcome drink;
- Browse in the Ndebele village and African craft market where Ndebele murals decorate the walls and courtyard;
- Attend a multi-visual theatre presentation on the history and origin of our peoples;
- Guests are divided into smaller groups and taken on a guided tour of four homesteads – Zulu, Xhosa, Basotho and Pedi;
- After a few drinks in the bar, guests and the families meet back in the Boma for traditional song and dance of all the villages. The dance culminates in communal dancing with the guests around the fire.
- A Pan African Feast is served in the Nyama Choma restaurant with delicacies from North, East and Southern Africa.