Hot Air Balloon Safari
The beautiful Magalies River valley and the majestic Magaliesberg range lie just 45km (28 miles) from the northern suburbs of Johannesburg, in the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site. This region is steeped in natural history and boasts some of the best ballooning weather in the world. Join us at sunrise, with the silence punctuated only by the occasional blast of the burners and the faint call of a bird or animal far beneath. Savour the country air as you skim the tree tops of the beautiful surroundings for an unforgettable time spent sailing the skies.
What to expect on the morning of your flight:
- return transfers (private basis) from your hotel or guest house in Johannesburg or Pretoria;
- a hot cup of tea or coffee and hot out of the oven muffins, served at the clubhouse pavilion while you watch the balloons being inflated, prior to your flight at sunrise;
- a flight of about one hour over the Magalies River valley;
- a glass of sparkling wine on landing, whilst the crew pack up the balloons;
- a delectable breakfast served on the patio of the fully licenced clubhouse pavilion with views of the Magalies mountains;
- and a souvenir “Citation for Bravery”!
** This tour is operated in association with Bill Harrop’s “Original” Balloon Safaris (Pty) Ltd.
DURATION: +/- 6 hours
AVAILABILITY: Daily – except on New Years Day, Good Friday & Christmas Day. Important note – this is a weather dependant activity
PICK-UP TIME: Any time between 4:00am and 5:00am, which will be confirmed when booking, dependent upon the time of year and your pick-up point.
MEALS: Early morning tea or coffee, glass of sparkling wine and breakfast
ENTRANCE FEES: Included for one hour sunrise balloon flight
TOUR PRICES: Click here for rates